How To Share Your MyFitnessPal
Feb 26, 2021
Aloha everyone, this message especially goes to my members. Many of you who are new to fitness tracking would benefit from an extra set of eyes. These numbers can often get confusing and overwhelming. Here is a short video showing you how to open your share settings. Overall if you’re currently working with me. Here are the steps:
- Create a free MyFitnessPal account, you don’t need the premium and I’m happy to talk with you on the pros/cons of the premium features but just do the free for now.
- Answer all the beginning questions MFP (MyFitnessPal) asks to the best of your knowledge, we can always change it. Then, ignore ALL THE ADVICE THE APP TELLS YOU from here on out, SERIOUSLY, and just log.
- Once you answer all the questions and your account is created, change the dairy settings (using the video above) to allow your friends to see.
- After your dairy settings are change, find me and add me as a friend.
- In the app, look to the bottom right hand corner of your phone and click "more"
- Scroll down and underneath "COMMUNITY," you will see "FRIENDS"
- Click "FRIENDS" and find the "+" sign at the top right hand corner.
- Enter my email or username: stephdavud or [email protected]
- Once you do this, the app will shoot me a message and I'll confirm.
- Finally commit to start logging!
- Begin to log as best as you can, don’t worry about little things itemizing salads with onions, lettuce, the main thing we want for this is logging about 80% of what you’re eating, dressings, cheese, sauce, meat, rice, pasta.
- Depending on your personality type you may or may not want a food scale, be sure to keep in mind if you weigh your food it does make a difference if it’s cooked or raw make sure you log correctly, for example is it 1/2 cup cooked rice or 1/2 cup uncooked rice.
- Finally, after 2-4 weeks of tracking let’s meet. I can’t express to you all the gems and jewels we find when we track. It allows us to have a real conversation on your food, patterns and behaviors.
Sending you tons of love! SD